Fashion folk have a reputation for being a bit jaded, and while it’s true that they can be hard to impress, every so often a certain celebrity will make them shriek like a 13-year-old at a One Direction concert. For Aliza Licht, it was Kerry Washington at New York Fashion Week, whom she interviewed for Net-a-Porter, Kitty Cash was awed by Justin Bieber’s skills at a celebrity ping pong tournament, Fern Mallis loved seeing Taraji P. Henson at the Bibhu Mohapatra show and Nicolette Mason’s favorite sighting was Tracee Ellis Ross. David Yi, however, says that seeing North West crying in the front row was the best thing ever and Pandora Amoratis could not get over a particular reality star’s boobs. Find out who our experts fangirled over at NYFW in the latest edition of theFashionDish.
Previously on theFashionDish: Should We Dress for Fashion or the Weather?
About theFashionDish, Season Three
On the final evening of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015, we brought together seven incredible, outspoken industry insiders for our third season of theFashionDish. Hosted by Robert Verdi, watch in the coming weeks as our Dishers debate a number of thought-provoking and often controversial topics, including size diversity on the runways, Instamodels and the theater of fashion.
About the experts:
- Robert Verdi (host) – Celebrity stylist, television personality and third-time theFashionDish panelist.
- Fern Mallis – Former executive director of the CFDA, host of Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis lecture series and author of the forthcoming book Fashion Lives: Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis.
- Aliza Licht – SVP Global Communications at Donna Karan International (best known as DKNY PR Girl) and author of the upcoming book Leave Your Mark.
- Nicolette Mason – Well-known fashion and beauty blogger and contributor to such publications as Marie Claire.
- Pandora Amoratis – Style director of OK! magazine, overseeing all celebrity fashion and beauty coverage.
- David Yi – Writer, editor and stylist, aka The Seoulcialite, who has been published in The Wall Street Journal, WWD, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Style.com and more.
- Kitty Cash – DJ, producer and esteemed tastemaker in the global creative community.