Pint-sized producer, DJ and noted cool-girl Alison Wonderland has been taking the world by storm with her unique mixes and sound, recently tearing up the stage at this year’s Coachella. In other words, she’s made the big time.
So before she starts flaunting her Adidas gear and odd socks everywhere we turn, we thought you might like to know a thing or two about the pizza-lovin’ blondie.
1. She stands at a miniature 5″1, so sometimes requests a step stool in her rider.
2. She’s the voice of Funny Or Die’s spinoff series NCIS: Ibiza.
3. She was a principal cellist in the Sydney Youth Orchestra.
4. She’s not fond of Paris Hilton, and wants to do nasty things to her.
5. The Knife is the reason she started producing.
6. Katy Perry jumped over the VIP area and onto the dance floor during her set at the 2012 Grammys after-party.
7. Diplo named her as “one of the best DJs from Australia.”
8. She once got food poisoning at an all-you-can-eat oyster bar in LA, so missed out on Coachella 2014.
9. She was the bass player of an Indie band called Skills.
10. She doesn’t put up with crap from the haters.
11. She once had an impromptu breakfast with her “idol”, The Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan.
12. Pretty much all her clothes are Adidas. And we’re fine with that.
13. The Presets are her favourite Australian electronic act “ever”.
14. She wants a tattoo collection of albums which have changed her life.
15. She used to read science magazines and listen to Beethoven when she was younger.
Now you’re up to date on your Alison Wonderland FAQs, why not see the Aussie producer do her thing in action? Tickets to her massive national Warehouse Project 2.0 tour are unsurprisingly sold out, but there are some available to the official after-parties. Get on them quick, though. In the words of Alison Wonderland herself, “It’s 100% gonna get weird at these things.”