Whether stars are heading to the slopes, gifting suites, or hitting the red carpet for premieres, press conferences, and photo calls, for many celebrities at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, casual ensembles and dark hues (namely black) ruled. Here are 10 stand-outs!
1. It's not surprising that Sofia Coppola, who has designed handbags for Louis Vuitton, opted for a look from the Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2011 collection when she attended a preview of her film, Somewhere.
2. Liv Tyler, at The Ledge premiere, proved you can look put together, even when opting to dress down with a pair of flats. The only major don’t here, is her pair of Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony tights, which take away from the beauty of her Givenchy jacket.
3. Her lack of accessories (she could have added a bracelet or a pair of brighter shoes) may have put a slight damper on her look, but Kate Bosworth’s Spring 2011 Chloe dress was a perfect weather-appropriate option (left). The actress also donned black at the premiere of her film, Little Birds, where she wore a Burberry coat and Isabel Marant shoes.
4. It wasn’t all top notch for Kate Bosworth, however. Later in the week, the actress went to the 2011 Creative Coalition Spotlight Initiative Awards wearing an oddball floral Dolce & Gabbana dress, with lace embellishments and short sleeves. The dress, which the actress belted, looked more appropriate for a summer afternoon in the Hamptons, than a wintertime red carpet event.
5. Demi Moore works it in an all-black look from Urban Zen by Donna Karan at the Another Happy Day premiere.
6. Equally stunning at the Another Happy Day premiere was Ellen Barkin, who looked ten years her junior in a slimming black ensemble and fur coat.
7. Zoe Saldana opted for a chic Roland Mouret jacket while out in Park City. It's always nice to see celebrities venture beyond Mouret’s tailored cocktail dresses!
8. Kerry Washington attended The Details premiere in a casual double-breasted black jacket, which she paired with dark denim and boots.
9. Elizabeth Banks shows us how to incorporate animal prints in a subtle way at the My Idiot Brother premiere.
10. Apparently Elizabeth Olsen hasn’t inherited her sisters' (Mary-Kate and Ashley) penchant for suffering for fashion. Who can forget Mary-Kate wearing fur at the beach? Elizabeth, who is the Elizabeth in her twin sisters’ Elizabeth and James clothing line, has been dressing refreshingly casual throughout her stay at Sundance. Here, at a cocktail event for her film Martha Marcy May Marlen, the actress chose to wear a dark green sweater over a striped button down shirt, which she paired with fitted pants and a brown belt.