April is Earth Month, and while we should all be doing our part to be as eco-minded as possible throughout the year, this particular month we have that extra little excuse to splurge a bit on ourselves while indulging in some beauty finds that were created with Mother Earth in mind.
Here are some top eco beauty products:
1. Linden Leaves Body Oils, ($18.25 for 70ml): We’re all bombarded with so many beauty lotions and potions on a daily basis that it’s rare to come across something that makes you go “WOW.” The body oils from Linden Leaves will make you say that and more, because they’re absolutely amazing. There are four moisturizing varieties that help promote healthy cell renewal, each of which have been manufactured in New Zealand where all of the brand’s products are made from natural resources, including pure volcanic water and pristine sea salts. My personal favorite is the Pick Me Up Body Oil, which comes formulated with lavender to help alleviate stress and promote well being.
2. Anjolie Set of 3 Soaps
($27): These beautifully packaged all natural, handmade aromatherapy soaps come bundled in a beautiful gift box when you get three of them (there are 10 soap varieties choose from). They have a mild lather so they’re long lasting, and their formulation, which includes glycerin aloe vera gel, fragrant essential oils, and organic herbs, makes them both soothing and moisturizing.
3. Revolution Organics Freedom GLOW Beauty Balm
, ($34 for .46oz): Made in the U.S. for cost-conscious, eco-minded, multi-tasking mavens, this stick from Revolution Organics is free of chemicals, mineral oil, lead, petroleum, artificial ingredients, and parabens, and it’s made with 85% certified organic ingredients to give every part of your body a natural-looking glow. It glides on super smooth, and it’s non-sticky, which makes it perfect for the décolleté area when you’re wearing a spring or summer dress.
4. Burt’s Bee Favorite Things Gift Set
($19.99): A pioneer in creating well-priced, earth-friendly products, this travel kit from Burt’s Bees is the perfect introduction to their paraben and petroleum-free line. The 4-piece kit comes with Milk and Honey-scented Cleansing Cream, Cuticle Cream, Body Lotion, and Lip Balm.
5. Body Conscience 3-Minute Shower Jar ($65): Formulated from the highest quality natural and organic ingredients, three versions of this product are offered for various skin types. Each come with a wooden spoon and dish that have been handmade in Vermont from reclaimed wood that has been salvaged after producing woodworking for furniture and toys. The beauty of this product is that it’s an all-in-one cleanser, exfoliator, and moisturizer, and refill packs are offered so as not to waste jars needlessly.
6. Pure & Natural Body Wash
($6.46 for 16oz): This affordable body wash is hypoallergenic, uses ingredients derived from nature, is biodegradable and paraben-free, is not tested on animals, and its packaging is 100% recyclable. A variety of scents, each with their own benefits, are offered, but the Grapefruit and Pomegranate option is particularly great for prepping skin for the summer heat.
7. Vichy Aqualia Antiox Anti-Fatigue Ice Effect Eye Stick
($28 for .13oz): The latest Vichy innovation, this stick is perfectly sized to fit into even the teeniest clutch, and it has been clinically proven to refresh the skin around the eyes and reduce dark circles after a single application. It also has a cooling effect to help relieve puffiness, and it’s made from 100% natural resources.
8. John Masters Bearberry Oily Skin Balancing Face Wash ($22 for 4oz): Come summer, most of our skin tends to get oilier, which is why this newly launched face wash works particularly well this time of year. It’s formulated with 20 oil-fighting extracts and citrus oils to reduce pore size, exfoliate the skin, and reduce oiliness, while moisturizing and cleansing skin. John Masters Organics never uses GMOs, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, or TEAs. All their products and packaging are made in the U.S. and are never tested on animals, and their ingredients are harvested in an environmentally friendly manner.