Diane Kruger is one of my favorites on the red carpet, so I was dispointed that I wasn’t a fan of her overly-ruffled, oddly black-accented Chanel gown at the Oscars this year. However, I did love her knotted updo, which was styled by Danilo, Celebrity Stylist for Pantene. Danilo gave us the step-by-step on how to re-create the memorable look.
1. Cleanse and condition hair with the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Frizz Control Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Mist a leave-in conditioner and the Pantene Pro-V Volume Root Lifter Spray Gel all over damp hair.
3. Blow dry hair upside down to create a voluminous base for styling.
4. Section hair into a side part, divide into three sections (sides and back).
5. Braid side sections of hair back away from the face in an upward direction, creating tightness on the sides.
6. Pull the back section of hair into a high ponytail, leaving volume on top.
7. Split ponytail into two sections and twist in a rope-like formation, incorporating side braids into two back twists.
8. Continually twist hair while pinning it into place as the twist braid is knotted up around itself.
9. Mist hair with the Pantene Pro-V Texture Hairspray to lock style in place.
10. Finish the look with a pretty brooch to dress it up.