We loved our super cute bangs last winter, but now we want to sport a sexy wob — and there’s nothing worse than growing out bangs. There’s always that awkward period when we don’t know what to do with them. We’re tired of keeping them back with a headband and are in constant search of stylish ways to vary our look. As a current source of inspiration, look no further than Sienna Miller at the closing ceremony of the Cannes International Film Festival for a chic yet edgy way to style our overgrown fringe.
- First, create a middle part to separate the two sections.
- Then, create a part about 1 1/2 to 3 inches wide (depending on how wide you want each braided section) and clip everything else away. (Braiding will be easier without extra hair getting in the way.)
- Create a twist braid (like a French braid, but with two strands only). Start the French lace technique by crossing the right strand over to center, then cross the left strand over to center — grabbing new hair from the same side as you twist along. Go as far back as you like.
- When you’re done, secure the twist with a bobby pin. Place the bobby pin in the end of the twist braid, but push it in the direction toward your face so it’s concealed.
- Repeat steps three and four on the other side.
If you have fine, straight hair, when creating this look, use a bit of product (try Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray or Joico JoiGel Medium Styling Gel) to give your bangs some grip and texture so they will stay in place. Then, spritz with flexible hairspray, like Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer Finishing Spray, for sheen and additional hold.