We couldn’t help but be inspired by the Fall 2014 runways when it came to hair ideas for our upcoming holiday soirees. From sleek and modern to messy and undone, we’re breaking down how to recreate our three favorite updos from the fall runways with the help of StyleSeat’s hair gurus. StyleSeat is a mobile app and online service that makes booking beauty and wellness services across the country a total breeze with just a few clicks (we love anything that makes our lives easier). Bust out your hair dryer, a few bobby pins and hair ties because you’re going to want to rock one of these looks to your next party.
Sleek Twisted Bun
Stylist: Meghan Doyle, Stylist at Salon V in San Francisco
Prep: Apply Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine to wet hair. Blowdry hair down and back away from the face and toward the nape using a paddle brush. Once dry, use a comb to create a side part, smooth the hair down and behind the ears using the paddle brush. Squeeze a good size amount of sculpting gel into your hands and apply behind the ears and on top of the hair near the nape.
1. Gather hair in the center at the nape and secure into a ponytail. Squeeze another generous helping of gel into your hands and smooth product down and around the shaft of the ponytail, giving it a glossy, sleek look.
2. Twist the ponytail around until you get all the way down the ends and continue to twist this around into a tightly woven bun.
3. Secure the ends under the twist with bobby pins and add U-shaped hair pins if the bun feels loose in any area by pointing the ends toward the head, catching some hair and turning the pin inward toward the bun and pushing all the way in.
4. Spread a little gel onto a toothbrush and in small swipes, smooth down hair around the hairline to flatten out any flyaways.
5. Spray finishing spray generously all over head and bun.
6. Finish with Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist for added sheen.
Visit StyleSeat.com/MeghanDoyle to book an appointment.